So close to finished!
After finishing the stitching on the cats (yay!) I wet-blocked them to get rid of some of the wibbly bits where the stitching had distorted the ground fabric. I washed the piece with Soak no-rinse wash and then rolled it in a towel to get rid of excess moisture. Then, I pinned the heck out of it, making sure that it fit the dimensions of the pillow form (18″ by 18″) and that the edges were more or less straight.
Closing in on the finish!
I mentioned before that I haven’t used much seed stitch before. I added it to another panel here and it was fun to work. I tried varying the stitch a little just to see what different effects I could get. The results were fun (though I doubt anyone but me is ever going to notice in person!)
This probably falls in the annals of me missing the obvious, but I’m putting it here for future reference so at least I won’t miss the obvious twice, and also noting this method of rounding the corners. When I started adding the interlaced running stitch border to the carnation needle book, it looked wrong. After some experimentation I got it looking right. It all came down to which way the needle was pointing.
To make this stitch, you start with two parallel lines of running stitch: